1. What are the advantages of staying at a DiscoverBA apartment instead of a hotel?
Our apartments combine the warmth of home-style living with the luxury of a first class hotel. By staying in an apartment, you can get a better feel for what it is like to live in Buenos Aires, than by staying in a hotel. Our apartments are larger than typical hotel rooms and offer a level of privacy that hotel rooms cannot provide. Also, larger apartments allow you to entertain guests during your stay in Buenos Aires. Another major advantage of renting an apartment is that it can save you significantly versus the cost of a luxury hotel. The fully equipped kitchens allow you to prepare meals when desired and save additional money.
2. What furniture and equipment is included in each apartment?
All our apartments are furnished and have fully equipped kitchens with microwave ovens, fridge and basic kitchenware. They all have cable TV and Internet Access. Linens and Towels are also provided for your stay. Other features can be seen on each apartment’s individual descriptive pages. You will receive an inventory list of all furniture and equipment upon check in.
3. Which expenses are included in the advertised rates?
The rates include all maintenance expenses, condo fees, electricity and gas, water, high-speed internet, cable TV, a local telephone line, weekly House Cleaning Service and taxes. All outbound long distance calls and calls to cell phones are extra and can be made by purchasing a prepaid card locally. Daily House Cleaning Service may also be available for an additional fee of $8 dollars per hour.
4. Is there a minimum length of stay?
Yes, most of the apartments have a minimum rental period of three nights. Some apartments may require a minimum of a week, or even a month. Please check with us for each case.
5. Is there a fixed check-in and check-out time?
Check in is after 2 PM and Check out is by 11AM. If you need an exception to these times please let us know in advance and we will try to accommodate your requests as availability allows. If you need to arrive before 8AM, we suggest you should reserve the apartment for the previous day, in order to make sure it is available.
6. Who will meet me at the apartment upon my arrival to give me keys, receive payment and check me in?
On the day of your arrival, a member of our staff will meet you to give you the apartment keys, sign the rental agreement, and check the inventory with you.
7. Who should I contact in case I have any trouble at the apartment?
When you arrive, you will be given the contact details of one of the members of DiscoverBA staff who will assist you in all your needs. Should you need anything else after your check in, you can always contact us.
8. How do I make reservations?
To make reservations, you must fill out and send us the reservation form posted on our Website for the corresponding apartment. Once DiscoverBA receives your request, we proceed to check the availability of the chosen apartment for the requested dates. If the apartment you request is available, we will send you the necessary information to complete the reservation procedure. You may also complete the inquiry form and send it to us, we will check availability and reply to your request. Then you can proceed to make the reservation.
9. How long will it take DiscoverBA to reply to my reservation request?
Under normal circumstances, we respond inquiries and to reservation requests within 1 to 2 business days. If you have not received an answer in 48 hours, please contact us again.
Please add the email address email@example.com to your email contacts so as to reduce the chance of our response going to your spam/junk folder.
10. When is the reservation confirmed?
Once we receive your reservation deposit payment, we send you a confirmation email.
11. If I cancel my reservation do I get reimbursed for the reservation deposit?
No, the money received as reservation deposit will not be reimbursed for any reason.
12. Which payment methods do you accept?
Payments of Reservation deposits may be made in 2 ways:
- Credit card: Mastercard, Visa or American Express.
- Western Union Money Transfer.
All payments for rental charges are to be paid by:
- CASH, in US Dollars or the equivalent in Euros or Argentine Pesos at check in.
The security deposit may be paid by:
- CASH in US Dollars or the equivalent in Euros or Argentine Pesos.
13. Why am I charged a security deposit?
The security deposit serves as a guarantee that you will return the apartment in the same condition as it was received by you. All apartments are delivered to our guests in excellent condition and with an inventory of items contained therein. Upon your timely check out and provided that the apartment is returned in the same excellent condition as you received it and with all inventory items in good order, the security deposit will be returned to you.
14. How much is the security deposit?
The amount required for the security deposit varies according to the length of the stay, and the type of apartment:
- For stays of 3 days to 1 month: Security Deposit equals USD 200 on studio or one bedroom apartments, and USD 300 on 2 Bedroom apartments.
- For stays longer than 1 month and for some specific apartments: we may require a larger security deposit, and if this is the case, we will inform you during the reservation process of the amount of security deposit due.
15. If I stay less than the agreed number of days, am I reimbursed for the difference?
No, the apartment has been reserved for you during those days as agreed. Consequently, we cannot reimburse you in case of a shorter stay.